Trackunit, a leading innovator in construction industry telematics, has launched Trackunit Kin to enable seamless connectivity and tracking of all non-powered construction site assets.
The new tag leverages and extends Trackunit’s globally available mesh network, which already offers the construction industry’s largest network of trackable devices.
Announcing global availability of the new tag, Soeren Brogaard, CEO at Trackunit said: “Today, for the first time in the history of construction, Kin enables all onsite machines and equipment to be tagged and connected, tracked and managed using a single and easy-to-use application. Kin is a game-changing innovation which also represents a major leap towards eliminating downtime in construction.”
Compliant with the latest Bluetooth 5.2 standard, Kin is designed to connect to the Trackunit RAW (TU600) installed network of devices via the Trackunit Go app installed on enduser mobile devices. Each connected tag extends the operability and range of the complete tracking system, leveraging thousands of installed TU600 devices already in operation on worksites and in equipment stores around the globe.
Amongst the major benefits of Kin is a contribution to site productivity – construction industry studies indicate that site workers waste significant time searching for lost equipment. Additionally, up to one third of all annual tool purchases are the direct result of theft or loss, with only one fifth of lost equipment ever recovered.
Never lose machine accessories again
Utilising Trackunit’s cloud-based IoT platform, built specifically for construction, OEM’s, rental companies, fleet managers, foremen, operators and users now have a data platform offering real-time meaningful intelligence on equipment and accessories. Kin users will be able to precisely locate and identify attachments, accessories and tools quickly and easily. Kin capabilities will include a phased rollout of features that include:
- Find my asset – Use the mobile app anywhere on site or in depot to locate an asset
- LED indicator – Identify a specific asset in a pool of assets by activating the LED on the tag
- Pairing – Track the utilisation of machine attachments and tools – including correct ‘attachment to machine’ pairing
Tag it, track it
Trackunit Kin is simple to install, connect and make ready for use within one minute. The new hardware offers a compact (53mm X 35mm) and robust device that can be attached to any small, medium or large sized asset and exceeds industrial design standard PP66K and IP69K guaranteeing UV resistance and flame-retardant housing. The Kin device meets the latest standards and offers a range of capabilities which include:
- Bluetooth 5.2 – Ultra low power, premium tier Bluetooth SoC hardware providing up to 400m of line of sight detection
- Activate, install and onboard tags in seconds, using a mobile device creating a seamless experience
- Battery – Self-powered using a lithium coin cell, Kin provides up to 5-years’ reliable use in normal operating conditions
- Clear identification – Locate your asset via visible LED pulses
- Utilisation and Analysis – Movement, vibration and activity detection using low power embedded sensors (firmware updates to be introduced in 2021).
Boosting digital transformation across construction
Technology is continuing to highlight opportunities where the construction industry can reduce loss or theft, reduce replacement costs, provide accurate inventory analysis and increase project productivity. Today, data collection and analytics are able to provide insights into machine use, service and lifecycle that are helping change the organisation, its productivity and the profitability of construction projects.