Location: Kirkland, WA, US
Do you have a passion for vehicle design? Do you want to work on industry-leading products that are setting the bar for fuel economy, low greenhouse gas emissions, and exceptional quality? Join a group of high-performing professionals who pride themselves in developing innovative products. Kenworth design engineers focus on product development from conceptualization to implementation on the production floor. See your designs making a difference on the open highway!
Kenworth offers unique career advancement opportunities ranging from engineering design, manufacturing operations, product planning, marketing, and many other business functions.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
* Participate in design and development of heavy-duty trucks within the Off-Highway/Medium Duty Group.
* Manage Plant Liaison Requests (PLRs) for the group, develop design fixes for plant issues, and facilitate completion of PLRs by the group.
* Manage new product, warranty and cost-reduction projects as well as support plant and field issue resolution in the center-frame area of the chassis.
* Utilize Pro/E to create optimized part and assembly of complex designs for customer specific requirements and supplier product.
* Work with internal and external organizations to select and validate the designs. This will include close involvement with various suppliers.
* The position requires close work with the truck plants and includes design responsibility for frame rails, cross-members and frame-mounted components.
* Up to 10% travel.
Skills / Competencies
* BSME required; Masters degree in business or engineering and P.E/F.E. certificate preferred.
* 1-3+ years of experience in the specification and design of complex automotive components required; proficient in use of Pro/E expereince or other solids modeling software.
* Past expereince working onsite at a Kenworth plant preferred.
* Six Sigma and GD&T experience preferred.
* Competence in the use of personal computer software such as word processing, database, and spreadsheets.
* Familiarity with project management methods and tools
* Candidate should be willing to make use of engineering processes and techniques and be resourceful in solving complex technical problems
* Requires independent judgement and effective project management
* Ability to manage costs, time and resources; strong communication skills
BSME required; Masters degree in business or engineering and P.E/F.E. certificate preferred.
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Product Development, Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Engineering, Research
To apply for this job please visit www.jofdav.com.