Website Doosan Bobcat
To create and maintain engineered designs of assigned products, systems or components in order to be competitive in function, manufacturability and marketability.
Role and responsibilities
- Work cross-functionally across mechanical, electrical, and embedded system teams to understand and develop components for compact electrical construction vehicles.
- Collaborate closely with suppliers to develop and procure advanced chemistry battery systems, electric motors and system controls.
- Understand and develop testing to ensure compliance of international standards and regulations for electrical earth moving machinery.
- Direct tests and analyze results of prototype electric vehicles to optimize the design in preparation for production.
Research and development:
- Develop and maintain a requirements document that specifies the deliverables required for new functionality of specified Bobcat vehicle
- Evaluate new technology or procedures that enable specific new functions of compact construction equipment.
- Acquire new hardware and software to develop pilot or concept demonstrators.
- Support 3rd party developers partnered with Doosan Bobcat company in technology development
- Participate and assist in planning of product specifications, timelines, resource requirements to develop new technologies.
- Report results and progress with other departmental functions to provide recommendations for select technologies that may fit current technology roadmaps and identified customer needs.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in electrical, agricultural, or mechanical engineering
- Experience: 2-10 years
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of electrical systems and battery systems development
- Knowledge of electric motor control and electrical vehicle development
- Travel < 10%
To apply for this job please visit doosanbobcat.jobs.net.