Website Caterpillar (UK)
Job Title: Performance Engineer (Integration)
Salary: £45,000 – £55,000 depending on experience
Benefits: 27 days annual leave + bank holidays, Bonus, Share Scheme (50% Company Matched), Private Medical, Car Allowance £580pm depending on experience, Contributory Pension Scheme (Contribution double by Company up to 10%), Free Car Parking, Caterpillar Advantage website
Location: Desford, Leicester
Hours: Full Time – 37.50
Travel: up to 25% to include Global
Relocation/Sponsorship: Not supported with this role
Closing Date: Friday 17 May
Job Reference: 190002UI
*Flexible Working will be considered*
Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent since 1925. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. With 2018 sales and revenues of $54.722 billion, Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company principally operates through its three primary segments – Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation – and also provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.
As a Performance Engineer your responsibilities cover the lifecycle of the machine, from understanding critical machine performance requirements and working with the internal engine supplier to distil these into engine performance requirements at the start of programs, to issue resolution, strategy development and validation during programs, through to data analysis of pre-production machines in the field to validate strategies.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
– Responsible for engine performance requirements specification and management.
– Responsible for working with Engine supplier to find and resolve performance, integration and software issues.
– Responsible for creating and maintaining performance and integration FMEAs.
– Responsible for identifying and completing engine and machine testing to validate software strategies and performance robustness to a range of noise factors
– Own the interactions between the Engine Performance team and the Machine performance teams
– Own Performance and Integration issues and work with Engine and Machine performance teams to resolve
– Own the specification and validation of the application layer on the engine software
– Have responsibility for gathering and analysing engine and emissions system data for validation and issue resolution
– Responsibility for cold start development including requirements management, testing and analysis of data
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Skills, experience & qualifications you will have;
– Experience in engine or machine performance development, including software calibration and/or strategy development
– Experience with after treatment emissions systems
– Experience in data capture and analysis, ideally including statistical analysis of large data sets
– Experience with leading development projects
– Strong analytical and a strong methodical, process mindset
– Ability to work flexibly across time zones with cross functional, multi-cultural teams and a willingness to travel
– Ability to communicate technical information to audiences of varied technical backgrounds
– A strong team player
Skills, experience & qualifications you may have
– Experience with Canape / CADeT / Cat ET
– Experience with CAN communication protocols
– Experience with SC2 / Visionlink and/or Experience with fleet data logging and machine telemetry
– Background in off-highway engine performance development
– Bachelor’s degree (or international equivalent) in an accredited Engineering curriculum
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.
To apply for this position please visit Log onto Caterpillar Careers (http://www.caterpillar.com/en/careers) > Careers > Search and apply > Experienced Professionals > paste the job number from then advert into the search box and then follow the application process.
To apply for this job please visit caterpillar.taleo.net.